2012may25

On Tuesday 22 May 2012, the Russian Orthodox Church celebrated the completion of 150 years of permanent presence in Belgium. The first Russian parish was founded in 1862 by the Russian Prince Nicolas Orloff and was dedicated to Saint Nicolas.

The Russian Archbishop of Brussels and Belgium Mr. Simon invited to the co-celebration the representatives of the rest Orthodox Churches that are sited in Belgium. They were present His Eminence the Metropolitan of Belgium Pays Bas and Luxembourg Mr Panteleimon with his auxiliary bishops of Eymenias Mr. Maximos and Sinopis Mr. Athenagoras, all on behalf of the Ecumenical Patriarchate. They co-celebrated: the Metropolitan of Achaia Mr. Athanasius on behalf of the Church of Greece, the Metropolitan of Komanon Mr. Gabriel, Ecumenical Patriarchate with many priests and deacons. The Church of Cyprus was represented by His Grace Bishop Porfyrios of Neapolis, Director of the office of the Church of Cyprus to the European Institutions. At the end of the Divine Liturgy Archbishop Simon expressed his gratitude to the attending bishops for their presence and participation to the co-celebration. He also expressed his appreciations especially to His Eminence the Metropolitan of Belgium for their excellent cooperation.

Finally, in a specially formed room a small reception was offered for the guests and in addition, on the night of the same day a reception was organised at the house of the ambassador of Russia in Belgium.

2012may25p2

 

VIDEO

 

Contact

Address:
Square Ambiorix 2
1000 Brussels
Belgium

E-mail: info@churchofcypruseu.com
Tel: +32 2 6124190
Fax: +32 2 6124191