16dek2011ep

In Cyprus’ occupied areas had the chance of visiting the three European Members of Parliament Mr. Edward Scicluna (Malta), Ms. Kinga Goncz (Hungary) and Ms Antonyia Parvanova (Bulgaria) between the dates 27-31 of October 2011. The visit was held after an invitation of the Church of Cyprus in cooperation with the MEP Ms. Antigoni Papadopoulou. The guests visited on Saturday a large number of monuments and cemeteries in the occupied area of Cyprus and specifically at the villages of Peristerona, Pigi, Gialousa, Rizokarpaso, the Monastery of Apostle Andreas, the fenced off area of the town of Famagusta and finally the occupied part of the town of Nicosia. During their visit they had the chance to discuss with the enclaved Greek-Cypriots at the peninsula of Karpasia as well as the Turkish-Cypriots. On Sunday the 30th of October, they visited Muslim monuments of the non-occupied part of Cyprus at the towns of Nicosia and Larnaka.

On Sunday noon, a formal lunch was held at the Holy Archbishopric by His Beatitude the Archbishop of Cyprus Mr. Chrysostomos II. They expressed their anger and sorrow for the profanation of the occupied monuments and cemeteries by the occupying regime and the settlers. They expressed a variety of proposals and thoughts that they are going to forward, for the immediate ending of this unacceptable situation.    

 

VIDEO

 

Contact

Address:
Square Ambiorix 2
1000 Brussels
Belgium

E-mail: info@churchofcypruseu.com
Tel: +32 2 6124190
Fax: +32 2 6124191