2011oct13

The European parliamentarians Mr Simon Busutil (Malta), Mrs Corina Creta (Romania) and Mrs Eleni Theocharous visited the occupied religious monuments in Cyprus. The visitation was organized by the Church of Cyprus, and the guests were escorted by His Grace Bishop Porfyrios of Neapolis Director of the office of the Church of Cyprus at the European Institutions.

          The team visited the two temples of Saint Ermolaos at the occupied village of Saint Ermolaos, the Church of Virgin Mary at the village of Sisklipos, the Church of Saint Charalambos at the village Agridaki, in the Monastery of Virgin Mary at Larnaka of Lapithou, the Church of Saint Constantine and Eleni at the village of Vasilia, as well as monuments at the towns of Lapithos and Karavas. The European officials were shocked with the broad sacrilege and pillage of the religious monuments and of the cemeteries in the occupied part of Cyprus. They ensured us for their support at the struggle of Church of Cyprus, for the respect of religious freedom and of the cultural heritage of all the rightful habitants of Cyprus. 

2011oct13p2

VIDEO

 

Contact

Address:
Square Ambiorix 2
1000 Brussels
Belgium

E-mail: info@churchofcypruseu.com
Tel: +32 2 6124190
Fax: +32 2 6124191