At the initiative of the former Ambassador of Cyprus to Romania Mrs. Popi Avraam, the Honorary Consul of Cyprus in Romania Mr. Mamas Koutsoyiannis, and the financial support of the Ministry of Education, the Archbishopric of Cyprus and the Holy Monastery of Machairas a bust of the martyr Archbishop of Cyprus Kyprianos (1756-1821) was manufactured by the Romanian sculptor Mr. Ion Ladea. The bust was placed in one of the central squares of the city of Iasi, which twenty years ago was honorary named Square of the Greek-Romanian friendship. The Square is within a walking distance from the Cathedral church of the Three Hierarchs, where Archbishop Kyprianos served for nineteen years (1783-1802).
The inauguration was made by the Ambassador of Cyprus to Romania, Mr. Hadjiargyrou Dimitris and the city's deputy mayor Mr. Mihai Chirica on Wednesday the 23rd of September 2015. Before the unveiling Metropolitan of Iasi and Moldova Mr. Theofanis and Bishop Porfyrios of Neapolis blessed the bust with holy water. Bishop Porfyrios delivered a speech on behalf of the Church of Cyprus. Speeches were also delivered by Metropolitan Theophanis, the Ambassador of the RoC Mr. D. Hadjiargyrou, the Honorary Consul of the RoC in Moldova Mr. M. Koutsoyiannis, the deputy mayor of the city of Iasi, Mr. Mihai Chirica and the President of the Hellenic Romanian association Mrs. Andrea Rados. They were also present the former ambassador of the RoC in Romania Ms. Popi Avraam and Consul Mrs. Maria Christou. The speakers stressed the historical bonds of the region of Moldavia with Cyprus and the rest of the Hellenism. These relationships continue until today and are becoming even greater by the increasing numbers of Romanians who work in Cyprus and Greece.
A tour followed at the historical churches of the city of Iasi, (Cathedral of St. Paraskevi, the Three Hierarchs and St. Sabbas) and at the Town Hall.