On Sunday 6 September 2015, two days before the feast of the Birth of Virgin Mary, the Divine Liturgy was celebrated at the church of Virgin Mary at the occupied village of Gerolakkos. His Grace Bishop Porfyrios of Neapolis presided the Liturgy together with the refugees’ priests f. Kyriakos Kyriakou, f. Sotirios Christodoulou and f. Kyriakos Papadopoulos. Hundreds of refuges from the occupied village of Gerolakkos participated during the Divine Liturgy.

During the turkish invasion the church was turned into a mosque, but the church is now being used as a meeting room because a new mosque was constructed.

After the Liturgy the refuges from the occupied village of Gerolakkos toured the streets of the village while many of them visited their houses.

The MEP Mr. Costas Mavridis participated also at the Divine Liturgy.

2015sept7p1

2015sept7p2

2015sept7p3

2015sept7p4

 

VIDEO

 

Contact

Address:
Square Ambiorix 2
1000 Brussels
Belgium

E-mail: info@churchofcypruseu.com
Tel: +32 2 6124190
Fax: +32 2 6124191